NEW BOOK JUST ANNOUNCED: The Birthday List by Devney Perry (standalone)
OMG. This is a new STANDALONE (no series) by one of my FAVORITE authors. I’ve loved every book she’s written and this one sounds AMAZING!!! — “Happily married to her college sweetheart, Poppy lived a blessed life with the husband of her dreams. Then everything changed. She is no longer a wife. She is no longer the envy of her single friends. Now, people look at her with pity as they whisper a single word behind her back. Widow.
Years after her husband’s tragic death, years of pain and sorrow and wishing for the life she’ll never get back, Poppy decides to finish Jamie’s birthday list. She’ll do the things he wanted to most. Because maybe, just maybe, if she can complete his list, she can start to live again… Poppy expects going through the birthday list will be hard. She expects it to hurt. But what she doesn’t expect is Cole. Could the man who delivered the news of her husband’s death and shattered her heart be the one to help her put it back together again?” — Be sure to pre-order a copy so that you don’t miss its release. I’m SO EXCITED for this!!! (Note: this is not connected to her Jamison Valley series, which I ADORED btw)
TODAY’S NEW RELEASES:
- Driving Whiskey Wild by Melissa Foster went live today!! It can standalone!! — He’s a Special Forces veteran and Motorcycle Club member [who] lives to protect his family, their bar, and the residents of his small hometown. He’s rough, unapologetic, and haunted by a secret, painful past… After losing her boyfriend and her father, she moves back to her hometown to be closer to the little family she has left. She needs her temporary job to get her business off the ground, and she’s determined not to let the gruff, arrogant mountain of a man scare her off. She is everything he has never wanted. She’s afraid of his dog, afraid of motorcycles, and sweet enough to give him cavities, but as she weaves her way into the hearts of everyone around him, he’s powerless to resist her charms. Passion ignites, but trust doesn’t come easily, and when their pasts collide, he finds out the true meaning of protecting those he loves…”
- #1 Rival by T. Gephart went live today!! It’s a standalone!! — “Lauren Harper wanted four things. Respect. Success. Happiness. And to annihilate Roman Pierce. Sure, he was a smooth, smart and sexy attorney… But he was also an annoying cocky jerk who she’d been competing with since they had both been hired over a year ago… And she didn’t care how amazing his smile was or how hot his body was underneath that suit, he was a ruthless, ambitious prick who would stop at nothing to climb the corporate ladder. He’d even climb over her given half the chance. Sadly, she’d probably enjoy that. No. That wasn’t what she was supposed to be thinking. She did not want him climbing over or under her… He was the enemy. Destroying him was the only option. Wiping that smug, beautiful grin off his gorgeous, obnoxious face, a bonus. Now, if she could just keep her objective in check and obliterate him before he did the same to her.”
NEW FAVORITE & REVIEW: Gentleman Nine by Penelope Ward (Read my Review)
Penelope Ward has been one of my favorite authors for many years so when this book was released, naturally I had to dive right in. I read it in one non-stop sitting. It was addictive, angsty, and romantic!! It checked off a lot of favorite trope boxes for me: friends-to-lovers, childhood friends, roommates, and even though I’m not usually a fan of love triangles, I actually though that the one that eventually develops in this book was very well written and handled. Once I started reading it, I was hooked. It was hot and sexy, but still romantic and swoony. Definitely give this book a shot if you’re looking for something new to read! — NOTE: this book is on limited-time release sale price (Price is going up SOON. This will be the ONLY sale.) So be sure to grab a copy now before the price increases! Happy reading!
WOOHOOO!! So this also is a pretty big release week and unlike the usual, this week’s releases are spread out over the entire week! So a bunch are already live such as Gentleman Nine by Penelope Ward (MY FAVORITE), Reckless by Lex Martin (divorced single dad & nanny romance), Eulogy by Rachel Van Dyken (Mafia dark romance), The Test by Tawna Fenske (romantic comedy), Big Badd Wolf by Jasinda Wilder (protective hero romance), #1 Rival by T. Gephart (enemies-to-lovers romance), Driving Whiskey Wild by Melissa Foster (sexy biker romance), and others listed below!! Then later this week, we’re getting Memphis by Ginger Scott (fighter romance — OMG this sounds so good!!) and others listed below!! Scroll down for the full list!
RARE SALES ON FAVORITES:
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover (my review) is on a rare price drop 50% OFF!! This is an amazing standalone! — “At twenty-two years old, she has a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend and rooming with her best friend. But everything changes when she discovers he’s cheating on her — and she is left trying to decide what to do next… She becomes captivated by her mysterious neighbor. She can’t take her eyes off him or stop listening to the passionate way he plays his guitar every evening out on his balcony. And there’s something about her that he can’t ignore, either. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one…”
- Twist by Kylie Scott (my review) is on sale 40% OFF!! It can standalone! — When his younger brother loses interest in online dating, hot bearded bartender Joe Collins only intends to log into his account and shut it down. Until he reads about her… Alex Parks is funny, fascinating, and pretty much everything he’s been looking for in a woman—except that she lives across the country. Soon they’re emailing up a storm and telling each other their deepest, darkest secrets…except the one that really matters. When Alex pays Joe a surprise visit, however, they both discover that when it comes to love, it’s always better with a twist.
- The Hard Truth About Sunshine by Sawyer Bennett (my review) is on sale for $0.99!!
- Hopeless by Colleen Hoover (my review) is on sale for $0.99!!
WEEKLY NEW RELEASES RECAP
EARLY RELEASES (NOW LIVE):
- Gentleman Nine by Penelope Ward (MY FAVORITE: friends-to-lovers romance standalone)
- Reckless by Lex Martin (divorced single dad & nanny romance standalone)
- Eulogy by Rachel Van Dyken (Mafia dark romance in Eagle Elite series)
- Driving Whiskey Wild by Melissa Foster (biker romance, standalone in Whiskey series)
- #1 Rival by T. Gephart (enemies-to-lovers romantic comedy standalone)
- The Test by Tawna Fenske (opposites attract romantic comedy, standalone in The List series)
- Big Badd Wolf by Jasinda Wilder (protective hero romance, standalone in The Badd Brothers series)
- Saving Me by Sadie Allen (She wants to do the unthinkable … until a boy with shaggy hair, unusual eyes, and a lip ring changes her plans)
- Justice by KC Lynn (bad boy romance, first in Creed Brothers series)
- Heart Stronger by Rachel Blaufeld (single mom/professor falls for college student romance standalone)
- Rosie Colored Glasses by Brianna Wolfson (emotional family drama, standalone)
- Winter Igniting by Rebecca Zanetti (thrilling post-apocalyptic romance, standalone in Scorpius Syndrome)
- Nobody Does It Better by Lexi Blake (romantic suspense standalone in Masters & Mercenaries series)
- Gaslight by Dannika Dark (urban fantasy/paranormal in Crossbreed series)
- Approaching The Bench by Chantal Fernando (lawyers in love in Conflict of Interest series)
MIDNIGHT & LATER WEEK RELEASES (PRE-ORDER NOW):
- Family is Forever by S.C. Stephens (paranormal vampire romance in Conversion series)
- Memphis by Ginger Scott (fighter romance standalone — sounds unique!)
- Honor by Susan Fanetti (biker romance in The Brazen Bulls MC series)
DETAILED LIST: NEW RELEASES
Gentleman Nine by Penelope Ward — New Release!!
Standalone: “Growing up, the three of us were friends. He was the nerd. I was the playboy. She was the beauty… Deep down, I only ever wanted her. I kept it inside because Rory and I made a pact that our friend, Amber, was off-limits. He lied… I went off to college, and he got the girl. Amber never knew how I felt. They were together for years—before he broke her heart.
Through it all and across the miles, she and I casually stayed in touch. When my job sent me to Boston for a three-month contract position, Amber let me stay in her spare room.
Still reeling from her breakup, she’d sworn off men. One night, I opened her computer to find the shock of my life. She’d hesitantly contacted a male escort company. Afraid to date and get her heart broken again, she was looking for sex with no strings. Every emotion imaginable ran through me: protectiveness, jealousy—curiosity. Amber had chosen Gentleman Number Nine and sent him a message. She opened up to him, confessing, among other things, her physical attraction to her friend—me. But she considered me off-limits—and she thought I was a manwhore. (Ironic, considering the circumstances.)
Eventually, she set up a date to meet Gentleman Nine at a hotel. When she showed up several nights later to meet him, she was stunned to see me standing there—with an offer I hoped she wouldn’t refuse.
The Test by Tawna Fenske — New Release!!
Can standalone: “This is a test. A test of every life decision she has ever made. She thought she’d gotten everything right: The nicest condo, the right career, the best hair, and a perfectly adequate sex life with her stockbroker fiancé. But when the fiancé ditches her at the altar, she’s left questioning every decision she’s ever made. What if her instincts have been steering her wrong all along? And what if she tested that theory by spending one month doing the exact opposite of what she’d normally do?
A crazy-hot fling with a tattooed steelworker from the wrong side of the tracks seems like a good starting point…”
Big Badd Wolf by Jasinda Wilder — New Release!!
Can standalone: “He saved my life. He jumped into the freezing water of the harbor after I fell in. He took me to his room, stripped my wet clothes off, and wrapped me in a warm blanket.
That should have been it. I should have hit the road as soon as I could, because I’m a vagabond, a drifter. A homeless orphan with no family and no future except what I create for myself. Which is why getting tangled up with a guy—no matter how tall, dark, quiet, and sexy he may be—is a really terrible idea. Yet…I kissed him anyway. And that one kiss? It set my world on fire, turned everything upside down…”
Reckless by Lex Martin — New Release!!
Can standalone: HER: “For the record, I’m not going to hook up with my boss. When I take a nanny job to be near my pregnant sister, I swear to myself [that] I cannot fall for my insanely hot boss. I don’t want to be tempted [by] his chiseled muscles or southern charm or the way he snuggles his kids at bedtime. He won’t get the key to my heart, no matter how much I want him.”
HIM: “She’s the last thing I need as I finalize my hellish divorce. What sane man trying to rebuild his life wants a hot nanny? A perfectly kissable, pouty mouth that I shouldn’t notice… My focus is on my kids and my ranch… It doesn’t matter that she wins over my kids in a heartbeat or runs my life better than I do. She is the one woman I can’t have and shouldn’t want, no matter how much I crave her.”
Rosie Colored Glasses by Brianna Wolfson — New Release!!
Standalone: “Just as opposites attract, they can also cause friction, and no one feels that friction more than Rex and Rosie’s daughter, Willow. Rex is serious and unsentimental and tapes checklists of chores on Willow’s bedroom door. Rosie is sparkling and enchanting and meets Willow in their treehouse in the middle of the night to feast on candy.
After Rex and Rosie’s divorce, Willow finds herself navigating their two different worlds. She is clearly under the spell of her exciting, fun-loving mother. But as Rosie’s behavior becomes more turbulent, the darker underpinnings of her manic love are revealed. Rex had removed his Rosie colored glasses long ago, but will Willow do the same?”
Winter Igniting by Rebecca Zanetti — New Release!!
Can standalone: “His only goal was survival until he met her… With nothing to lose, a former cop agrees to an undercover op, infiltrating a cult. After one look at his new partner, he knows she belongs far away from not only the cult, but from him. She’s sweet and kind and has no business being in peril, but she’s determined to help. Suddenly, the part he’s playing as her man explodes into a passion neither of them had expected.
She has survived loss, pain, and uncertainty. Now she’s ready to live again. There’s nothing left but to make a difference for others, so why not go undercover in the cult? Now all she has to do is keep it professional and ignore her handsome, deadly, overbearing partner, who’s too sexy for her peace of mind — until enemies close in, threatening everyone they’ve sworn to protect…”
Driving Whiskey Wild by Melissa Foster — New Release!!
Can standalone: He’s a Special Forces veteran and Motorcycle Club member [who] lives to protect his family, their bar, and the residents of his small hometown. He’s rough, unapologetic, and haunted by a secret, painful past…
After losing her boyfriend and her father, she moves back to her hometown to be closer to the little family she has left. She needs her temporary job to get her business off the ground, and she’s determined not to let the gruff, arrogant mountain of a man scare her off.
She is everything he has never wanted. She’s afraid of his dog, afraid of motorcycles, and sweet enough to give him cavities, but as she weaves her way into the hearts of everyone around him, he’s powerless to resist her charms. Passion ignites, but trust doesn’t come easily, and when their pasts collide, he finds out the true meaning of protecting those he loves…”
#1 Rival by T. Gephart — New Release!!
Standalone: “Lauren Harper wanted four things. Respect. Success. Happiness.
And to annihilate Roman Pierce.
Sure, he was a smooth, smart and sexy attorney… But he was also an annoying cocky jerk who she’d been competing with since they had both been hired over a year ago… And she didn’t care how amazing his smile was or how hot his body was underneath that suit, he was a ruthless, ambitious prick who would stop at nothing to climb the corporate ladder. He’d even climb over her given half the chance. Sadly, she’d probably enjoy that.
That wasn’t what she was supposed to be thinking.
She did not want him climbing over or under her…
He was the enemy. Destroying him was the only option.
Wiping that smug, beautiful grin off his gorgeous, obnoxious face, a bonus.
Now, if she could just keep her objective in check and obliterate him before he did the same to her.”
Saving Me by Sadie Allen — New Release!!
Standalone: On the outside, Ally has everything any teenager could want. She’s beautiful, popular, and athletic. She has the right friends, an adoring boyfriend, and the picture-perfect family. Too bad it’s all a lie.
Every day she’s dying a little on the inside, drowning in everyone’s expectations and opinions, the weight of it all pulling her under.
She wants to do the unthinkable … until a boy with shaggy hair, unusual eyes, and a lip ring changes her plans.
Family is Forever by S.C. Stephens — New Release!!
“Julian Adams would give anything to rewind the last few months. His sister has been forever altered, a man he distrusts is now a permanent part of his family, and the woman of his dreams no longer remembers him. The only thing left for Julian to do is start over.
Nika Adams is finally content with her life. She’s forever bound to her soulmate, and helping him with a project that has given him purpose. But just when it seems peace is on the horizon, an unintended consequence of Hunter’s work arises, and everyone must pull together to find a way to keep the family safe … forever.”
Memphis by Ginger Scott — New Release!!
Standalone: “He’s a fighter, built like a god from the past, the kind of man the universe doesn’t make anymore. His eyes hide a story, and every time I’m in his presence I want to keep reading him until I get to the end. And then… there’s the way he moves. His boxing is violent but beautiful, and his body is a seductive weapon. When he’s in the ring, he wears the stare of a man committed to the battle until his very last breath. He could end me… Too much of him will leave me as a shadow, and I’ve lost so much of myself already. But I have discipline. It came the hard way. Lessons learned, scars left behind, and trust stripped away from life. I will breathe his air, but I won’t fall for a man like him. The only boxer who’s ever going to break my heart is the one who gave me my name.”
Honor by Susan Fanetti — New Release!!
Tulsa, Oklahoma, 1999.
Born on the day after the moon landing to a father with his head in the stars, Neil “Apollo” Armstrong has never felt that he could reach as high as his father’s dreams. He got as far as Tulsa, and there, with the Brazen Bulls MC, he found a way to fly on wheels. But he’s worried now that the club has lost its way. The Bulls are reeling from a bloody, blazing street war that tore through the heart of the club. Their brotherhood has been badly damaged, and the trust among them is fragile.
Jacinda Durham doesn’t have a lot of trust to give. With a painful past still weighing on her present, she keeps people at a distance, preferring inconsequential encounters, to guard against the chance of being hurt. The career she’s chosen is another piece of her armor; she makes a living of suspicion. After a blistering-hot night together, Apollo and Jacinda go their separate ways, despite a mutual sense that their attraction is deeper than skin. Then a fateful coincidence throws them violently back together, and Apollo finds himself standing between his club and a woman he barely knows…