Happy Friday, everyone! I’ve added in some new recommendations and sales below for your weekend reading!
TOP RECOMMENDATION – COMPLETE SERIES: The Retrieval Duet by Aly Martinez (My Review)
I LOVED THESE!!!! Both Book #1 “Retrieval” and book #2 “Transfer” are LIVE so this is the perfect time to start reading them if you want to read the complete story together. The two books tell one story together. Each book focuses on a different couple (no cheating, no triangles) but they must be read together and in order. THIS DUET IS INCREDIBLE!!! A passionate, achingly heart-wrenching, and yet beautifully romantic story that kept my heart racing non-stop. It was ADDICTIVE, EMOTIONAL, INTENSE. It was hot, sexy, suspenseful. The story took me completely by surprise and was utterly UNIQUE! At first, you think it’s just an emotional story of man who is trying to win back the love of his beloved wife (which is gripping even on it’s own) but THEN. OH. MY GOSH… when I realized what the ACTUAL plot-line and how the two couples were connected was I just gasped and wasn’t able to even look up from the page since. It was RIVETING!!!! EMOTIONAL!!!! FULL OF FEEELS!!! If you’re looking for an intense new series, then try these!! They are top favorites and they are finally a complete series!
LATEST BOOK SALES:
- Sempre by JM Darhower (my review) is on a VERY RARE sale for $1.99 (reg. $11.99) right now!! I loved this book so much!! It’s a “sexy novel about two seventeen-year-olds — one a victim of human trafficking; the other the son of the man who enslaved her—who fall in love and question everything they ever believed… Haven Antonelli and Carmine DeMarco grew up under vastly different circumstances. Haven, a second-generation slave, was isolated in the middle of the desert, her days full of hard work and terrifying abuse. Carmine, born into a wealthy Mafia family, lived a life of privilege and excess. Now, a twist of fate causes their worlds to collide. Entangled in a web of secrets and lies, they learn that while different on the surface, they have more in common than anyone would think.” — The sequel Sempre Redemption is also on sale but reading it is optional.
- Beautiful Burn by Jamie McGuire is on sale for $1.99 (reg. $7.99). This is part of the Maddox Brothers series that spins-off of Beautiful Disaster and it’s Tyler’s story! — “Like his twin brother Taylor, Tyler Maddox is a member of the Alpine Hotshots, fighting wildland fires on the frontline. As arrogant as he is charming, Tyler’s nomadic lifestyle makes it easy to contain his relationships to one night. When he meets Ellie at a local party during off-season, her extreme personality and dismissive attitude fascinates him at first, but as his feelings deepen, Tyler realizes that the crippling inner demons of the woman he loves might be the strongest enemy any Maddox has ever faced.”
- Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines (YA) is on sale for $1.99 (reg. $10.99). — “To everyone who knows him, he has always been the cocky, popular, way-too-handsome-for-his-own-good football god… but on the inside he’s battling grief. Two years ago, her life fell apart when her father murdered her mother. And after she told the police what happened, she stopped speaking and hasn’t spoken since… As his pain becomes too much to handle, he knows he needs to talk to someone, so in the dark shadows of a post-game party, he opens up to the one girl who he knows won’t tell anyone else. But he never expected the quiet new girl to reply, to reveal a pain even deeper than his own — or for them to form a connection so strong that he couldn’t ever let her go…”
- Losing It by Cora Carmack (my review) is on sale for $1.99! — “Virginity. She’s about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible—a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed. And as if that weren’t embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theater professor. She’d left him naked in her bed about eight hours earlier…”
- The Beneath Series Box Set by Meghan March is currently on sale for $0.99 (reg. $9.99). That’s 3 books for only $0.99 total! Huuuuge savings and a limited time sale! Each book in this series is a standalone, but they’re interconnected. — “I’ve always known she was too good for me, but that never stopped me from wanting her. And then I finally had her for one night. A night I don’t remember. I figured I’d blown my shot. But now she’s walked back into my life, and this time, I have the upper hand. I want my second chance…”
- Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder (my review) is on sale for $0.99 (reg. $4.99). It can be read as a standalone, but there’s also a whole Falling series out! — “I wasn’t always in love with him; I was in love with his younger brother first. He was my one true love, my first in every way. Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him. [His brother] didn’t teach me how to live. He didn’t heal the pain. He didn’t make it okay. He taught me how to hurt, how to not be okay, and, eventually, how to let go…”
- Men of Inked series: Books 1-3 Boxed Set by Chelle Bliss is on sale for $0.99 and includes 3 full books and 1 novella! These are interconnected standalones that should be read in order ideally. — “He gave up on love when his heart was crushed in college, preferring to be the typical bachelor. He spends his nights hopping from one bed to another and his days working at his family tattoo shop. A chance encounter on a dark road makes him question what he had sworn off – a relationship…”
- The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons (my review) is still on a VERY RARE SALE for $1.99 (reg. $12.99). This is my #1 Top Favorite book in the whole wide world and it is only on sale about once a year so if you don’t have a copy of this EPIC LOVE STORY, be sure to get one now because it probably won’t go on sale again for a long time and it is BREATHTAKING!!!! Most other readers I’ve talked to who have read this book are just CHANGED after reading it. This book CONSUMES you. It’s overpoweringly STUNNING and a must read!!! Usually I rate books out of 5 stars, this book ONLY for me was 10 STARS!!!!! Also, it has a movie deal!!!
- Riveted by Jay Crownover has a new cover! This is the next standalone in the Saints of Denver series, following Built and Charged! Each book in the series can be read separately, but the side characters are interconnected. — “Everyone else in Dixie Carmichael’s life has made falling in love look easy, and now she is ready for her own chance at some of that happily ever after. Which means she’s done pining for the moody, silent former soldier who works with her at the bar that’s become her home away from home. Nope. No more chasing the hot as heck thundercloud of a man and no more waiting for Mr. Right to find her; she’s going hunting for him…even if she knows her heart is stuck on its stupid infatuation with Dash Churchill.”
NEXT WEEK’S BOOKS (PRE-ORDER NOW):
- Four Letter Word by J. Daniels
- Down Shift by K. Bromberg
- The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia
- Beautiful by Christina Lauren
- The Bachelor Auction by Rachel Van Dyken
- Two by Two by Nicholas Sparks
- Bedmates by Nichole Chase
- Sweetest Taboo by J. Kenner
- High Sided by LP Dover
- Mine For Now by Erika Kelly
- Always Be True by Alexis Morgan
- The Passenger by Tara French
- Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig
- Coffin Road by Peter May
- The Lost Boy by Camilla Lackberg
WEEKLY NEW RELEASES RECAP
- Transfer by Aly Martinez (TOP FAVORITE, conclusion to the The Retrieval Duet)
- The Goal by Elle Kennedy (surprise pregnancy romance, standalone in the Off-Campus series)
- Sparking the Fire by Kate Meader (she’s an actress, he’s a firefighter, standalone in Hot in Chicago Series)
- The Trouble with Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis (romantic comedy, standalone in Heartbreaker Bay series)
- Possession by Helen Hardt (erotic romance, Steel Brothers Saga)
- Outsider by Olivia Cunning (rock star romance, Exodus End World Tour series)
- The Vanishing Year by Kate Moretti (psychological thriller standalone)
- Merry Cowboy Christmas by Carolyn Brown (cowboy romance, standalone in Lucky Penny Ranch series)
- She’s My Kind of Girl by Jennifer Dawson (second chance romance, standalone in A Something New series)
- Where the Lotus Flowers Grow by MK Schiller (billionaire falls in love abroad, standalone)
- Loving Amber by Roya Carmen (second chance romance w/ single mom, standalone in new Series)
- Sex Machine by Marie Force (erotic romantic comedy standalone)
- A Love so Deep by Lili Valente (conclusion to the To the Bone series)
- All That Remains by Lauren Dane (post-apocalyptic menage romance)
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo (YA fantasy, sequel to Six of Crows)
- Her Halloween Treat by Tiffany Reisz (brother’s best friend romance, standalone)
- Against the Wind by Rebecca Zanetti (Book 1 of Rising Storm Season 2, Season 1)
- Storm Warning by Larissa Ione (Book 2 of Rising Storm Season 2, Season 1)
- Brave the Storm by Lisa Mondello (Book 3 of Rising Storm Season 2, Season 1)
- Lightning Strikes by Lexi Blake (Book 4 of Rising Storm Season 2, Season 1)
- Fire and Rain by R.K. Lilley (Book 5 of Rising Storm Season 2, Season 1)
- Quiet Storm by Julie Kenner (Book 6 of Rising Storm Season 2, Season 1)
- Blinding Rain by Elisabeth Naughton (Book 7 of Rising Storm Season 2, Season 1)
- Blue Skies by Dee Davis (Book 8 of Rising Storm Season 2, Season 1)
DETAILED LIST: NEW RELEASES
Transfer by Aly Martinez — New Release!!
Sequel to Retrieval: “I fell in love with a man who didn’t exist. What started out as romance ended in hell. His words turned to razor blades. His kisses converted to fists. His embrace became my cage. His body transformed into a weapon, stealing parts of me until ultimately… I broke.
I hated him. My sole job in life became to protect our daughter.
I wasn’t sure I’d ever escape the prison he’d skillfully crafted from my fears. Until the day our savior arrived. This is the story of how I escaped the man who thought he owned me. The transfer of my life and my family.”
The Goal by Elle Kennedy — New Release!!
Can standalone: She has her whole future planned out. Her path doesn’t include a gorgeous hockey player who believes in love at first sight. One night of sizzling heat and surprising tenderness is all she’s willing to give him, but, one night is all it takes for your entire life to change.
When it comes to becoming a daddy at the age of twenty-two, he refuses to be a bench warmer. It doesn’t hurt that the soon-to-be mother of his child is beautiful, whip-smart, and keeps him on his toes. The problem is, her heart is locked up tight… If he wants a life with her, he’ll have to convince her that some goals can only be made with an assist.
Sparking the Fire by Kate Meader — New Release!!
Can standalone: “America’s fallen sweetheart finally has her shot at a Hollywood comeback with a dramatic new role as a tough-as-nails firefighter that promises to propel her back to the big time and restore her self-respect.
He’s the resident daredevil at Engine Co. 6 and needs a low-key job to keep him busy while he recovers from his latest rescue stunt. Consulting on a local movie shoot should add just enough spark to his day. Especially when in struts the woman who worked his heart over good, and then left him in the dust… Their story is straight out of a script: spunky heroine meets taciturn, smoldering hero. But these two refuse to be typecast, and when the embers of an old love are stoked, someone is bound to get burned…
The Trouble with Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis — New Release!!
Can standalone: She’s wrangling puppies when he stalks into her pet shop with frustration in his eyes and a pink bedazzled cat carrier in his hand. He needs a kitty sitter, stat. But the last thing she needs is to rescue a guy who doesn’t even remember her…
Saddled with his great-aunt’s Feline from Hell, he’s desperate to leave her in someone else’s capable hands. But in spite of the fact that he’s sure he’s never seen the drop-dead-gorgeous pet shop owner before, she seems to be mad at him…
She can’t deny that he’s changed since high school: he’s less arrogant, for one thing—but can she trust him not to break her heart again? It’s time to throw a coin in the fountain, make a Christmas wish—and let the mistletoe do its work…
Possession by Helen Hardt — New Release!!
Steel Brothers series: Her love for him is the real deal, and she’s more determined than ever to help him come to grips with whatever is haunting him. To that end, she continues her investigation…and unknowingly attracts some dangerous foes from their shrouded history.
He loves her deeply and longs to possess her forever, so he faces his worst fears and exposes his rawest wounds in an attempt to heal. The road is icy and treacherous, but if he perseveres and comes out whole on the other side, he’ll finally be worthy of her love. But as the horrors of his past resurface, they aren’t safe…
Outsider by Olivia Cunning — New Release!!
Exodus End World Tour series: She should be living her dream… She’s touring [with a band] as a rhythm guitarist and gaining more notoriety and fame than she ever imagined possible. She’s earned the devoted love of not only one, but two spectacular men. Her committed threesome with a sexy guitarist and her hunky bodyguard is stable, loving, deep, and satisfying for all involved. But sometimes the world sees things differently and is determined to destroy what it doesn’t understand. Can her relationship with them survive the cruel backlash of the media, her family, and a bigoted public?
The Vanishing Year by Kate Moretti — New Release!!
Standalone: Zoe Whittaker is living a charmed life. She is the beautiful young wife to a handsome, charming Wall Street tycoon. She is a member of Manhattan’s social elite. She is on the board of one of the city’s most prestigious philanthropic organizations. She has a perfect penthouse in the city and a gorgeous lake house in the country. The finest wine, the most up-to-date fashion, and the most luxurious vacations are all at her fingertips.
What no one knows is that five years ago, her life was in danger. Back then, Zoe wasn’t Zoe at all. Now her secrets are coming back to haunt her. As the past and present collide, she must decide who she can trust before she—whoever she is—vanishes completely…
Where the Lotus Flowers Grow by MK Schiller — New Release!!
Standalone: Heir to a multinational hotel empire, he thinks business is everything—until he goes undercover to check out their locations throughout Asia. As cosmopolitan as he is, he’s never met anyone like her. They are apart in so many ways—especially in the things she won’t tell him. But more and more, he can’t imagine his life without her… She knows this unexpected desire for him must end. It’s true that his gentleness and sense of fun inspires her and makes her hopeful for the first time in her life. But she has a grim promise she feels compelled to keep—and painful experiences she fears he could never understand. And with secrets soon reaching out to separate them for good, can they dare risk a future together?
Sex Machine by Marie Force — New Release!!
Standalone: “He’s good for one thing and one thing only. — She has never had a decent orgasm, and she’s out to change that with the one man in town known for his superior skill between the sheets… He’s happy to help her with her “problem” as long as she knows he’s only interested in sex. His heart was broken when his high school girlfriend was killed in the car he was driving, and he has nothing to offer other. Which is just fine with her until unexpected feelings turn hot sex into messy entanglement and that most definitely wasn’t in the plans. But you know what they say about plans…”
A Love so Deep by Lili Valente — New Release!!
To The Bone series finale: What we have is sacred, a bond forged by pain and pleasure, suffering and passion, and he is right—nothing will tear us apart again. This is forever, for keeps, for the rest of our lives, no matter what the future holds.
We just have to outsmart the powerful people determined to keep us apart. I’m prepared to fight our enemies, but I’m not prepared for him. For a monster wearing a friendly face, or the nightmare he’s determined to unleash. They say it’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. I say—over my dead body. They’ll have to pry forever out of my cold, dead hands.
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo — New Release!!
Sequel to Six of Crows: He and his crew have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn’t think they’d survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they’re right back to fighting for their lives. Double-crossed and badly weakened, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on them to root out the secrets of a dangerous drug, old rivals and new enemies emerge to challenge his cunning and test the team’s fragile loyalties. A war will be waged on the city’s dark and twisting streets—a battle for revenge and redemption that will decide the fate of the world.