I made a list of books that truly stand out to me because of how how strongly they made me feel, even sometimes many years after I’ve read them. These aren’t just my highest rated reads, they’re books that, when I think of them, everything I felt when reading them stands out to me and makes me feel everything all over again…
There are no rules to how I made this list. I didn’t try to name a certain number of books. Sometimes I mentioned a specific book by title, sometimes I mentioned the author if I just generally love all their books, sometimes I’ve mentioned whole series if it’s more about the entire experience rather than an individual book… and this isn’t just a general favorites list either, because I have loved so many books, rather this is a list of reads that particularly stood out to me over the years… where even now I can vividly remember how deeply they made me feel or how much I loved the experience of reading them, or in the case of series how much I loved being immersed in that world. These are what I consider as STANDOUT READS that stayed with me (sometimes very long) after I finished reading them.
- The Bronze Horseman Trilogy by Paullina Simons (My Review) – this will always and forever by my #1 fav!
- The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay (My Review) – one of the most powerful endings ever!
- The Life Intended by Kristin Harmel (My Review) – incredibly unique love story with all the feels!
- Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah (My Review) – this has possibly my favorite epilogue ever!
- Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan (My Review) – gorgeous, heart-warming romance!
- Slammed & Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover (My Review) – one of my first reviews, and still a top fav!
- Devney Perry books: reading list – heart-warming, gorgeous romance perfection every single time!
- Kristen Ashley books: reading list – badass alpha romance – pure epic, great families, much variety!
- Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon: reading list – addictive paranormal romance, my fav PNR world!
- On The Island by Tracey Garvis Graves (My Review) – just a truly beautiful story!
- The Starcrossed series by Leisa Rayven (My Review) – the best purely angsty romance I’ve read!
- A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole (My Review) – ugly cry romance perfection!
- Crossfire series by Sylvia Day (My Review) – hot sexy romance but deeply emotional and addictive!
- Addicted series by Krista & Becca Ritchie – great romances and one of the best family dynamics ever!
- Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind (Series Overview) – fantasy, fantastic morals and world building!
- Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost (Series Overview) – action-packed vampire romance fun!
- Mists of the Serengeti by Leylah Attar (My Review) – an ugly cry favorite!
- Becoming Calder & Finding Eden by Mia Sheridan (My Review) – another ugly cry favorite!
- Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward: reading order – badass/epic paranormal vampire romance!
- The Girl He Used To Know by Tracey Garvis Graves (My Review) – second half of the book hit me so hard!
- In The Stillness by Andrea Randall (My Review) – the feels… literally all the feels!
- Wallbanger by Alice Clayton (My Review) – most I’ve ever laughed reading any book!
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah (My Review) – stunning wartime story!
I have so many more favorite books, and you can find all of them here, but for various reasons the ones listed above are particularly special to me so I wanted to share the list in case there are any books on here that you may not have read yet. The world is in a bit of chaos right now and books can be such an amazing escape so I hope that some of these reads may help with that… and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Happy reading! ~ ❤ Aestas