NEW RECOMMENDATION: The Simple Wild: A Novel by KA Tucker (Read my Review)
WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!! Without a doubt, this was one of the very BEST BOOKS I’ve read all year!!!!! It was breath-taking, captivating, and beautifully written. It drew me right into the story — the adventure, the romance, the family, the love, the loss, and the healing. It was slow-building and slow-burning, but the sheer depth of the emotion had me sobbing like a baby even while I was smiling!! I absolutely LOVED everything about it. This book was a true ESCAPE. It was a LOVE story, an ADVENTURE story, a story of how sometimes the most unexpected roads lead you to the best places. THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING!! A stellar story and a rare 5 STAR FAVORITE!!!! It’s a standalone! Be sure to grab a copy!!
- Unzipped by Lauren Blakely was just announced!! 100% of pre-order proceeds & first five days of sales go to California Fire Relief Charities! — “Picture this – I’m ready to win back the love of my life, and I’m going big this time. We’re talking boom box, sing her name in the rain, let the whole damn neighborhood know I’m good and ready this time around. After all, if you’re going to grand gesture the ever-loving hell out of a second chance, you need to pull out all the stops. There’s only one little problem. My college girlfriend isn’t the one who shows up when I play my “I’ll do anything to win you back” tune. The woman who flings open the second-floor window tells me my ex doesn’t live here anymore. But she’ll help me win her back. Anything for romance, anything for a guy so willing to go big for love. And that’s what I want at first. Until I get to know my new “romance coach” and discover she’s funny, clever, and keeps me on my toes. And boy, do I ever need that. Now I don’t want to win anyone else’s heart. I want the woman who’s been helping me all along. Trouble is – she thinks I’m in love with someone else, and when we take off on a road trip, everything I think I know about women is about to be unzipped and turned inside out.” — Be sure to preorder a copy!!
- Tall, Dark, and Tempting by Erika Wilde just went live!! It can standalone! — “Dylan and Serena have been best of friends their entire lives. For Dylan, she’s the solid, dependable woman in his life. His person. The one who has been there for him through the best and worst of times and doesn’t see him for the millions he has in the bank. And even though he’s been secretly attracted to her for years, there are some lines that best friends don’t cross—even if he does spend most of their time together entertaining dirty thoughts about her that have no business being in his head. Serena has been in love with Dylan for as long as she can remember, but she’s searching for her happily-ever-after and that’s not her best friend’s thing. Unfortunately, her dating life is one disaster after another, yet Dylan is always there with a pint of her favorite ice cream and a listening ear after each and every disappointing encounter. It’s the perfect arrangement, until one night changes everything.”
- Rock Rebel by Tara Leigh just went live!! It can standalone! — He’s a rock star with a secret, she’s a pop princess with a painful past – can their forbidden romance survive…? “I’ve earned my bad reputation. A few years ago, I was New York City’s hottest classical music prodigy. But I wanted something else, something more. So I chased my real dream, and now… I’m rock royalty. Lead guitarist. But to my family and former Juilliard classmates, I’m an outcast. A misfit. A rebel. They’re not entirely wrong. I don’t give a damn what other people think, and I’m all for breaking the rules… except when it comes to our new opening act… Rock gods don’t tour with pop princesses. It’s not personal. Actually, under that fallen diva reputation, she’s incredibly talented. And her fiery redheaded personality is… intriguing. But I’m convinced the skeletons in her closet are as scandalous as my own, and when we’re not sparring, she has a way of drawing out all those secrets I’m determined to keep hidden. Yeah. She is definitely off-limits . . . But since when do I give a damn about the rules?”
- For Better and Worse by Margot Hunt just went live!! — “On their first date back in law school, Natalie and Will Clarke bonded over drinks, dinner and whether they could get away with murder. Now married, they’ll put the latter to the test when an unchecked danger in their community places their son in jeopardy. Working as a criminal defense attorney, Nat refuses to rely on the broken legal system to keep her family safe. She knows that if you want justice…you have to get it yourself. Shocked to discover Nat’s taken matters into her own hands, Will has no choice but to dirty his, also. His family is in way too deep to back down now. He’s just not sure he recognizes the woman he married. Nat’s always been fiercely protective, but never this ruthless or calculating. With the police poking holes in their airtight plan, what will be the first to fall apart: their scandalous secret—or their marriage?”
- The Earl I Ruined by Scarlett Peckham just went live!! — “She’s beautiful, rich, and reckless… When Lady Constance Stonewell accidentally ruins the Earl of Apthorp’s entire future with her gossip column, she does what any honorable young lady must: offer her hand in marriage. Or, at the very least, stage a whirlwind fake engagement to repair his reputation. Never mind that it means spending a month with the dullest man in England. Or the fact that he disapproves of everything she holds dear. He’s supposedly the most boring politician in the House of Lords… Julian Haywood, the Earl of Apthorp, is on the cusp of finally proving himself to be the man he’s always wanted to be when his future is destroyed in a single afternoon. When the woman he’s secretly in love with confesses she’s at fault, it isn’t just his life that is shattered: it’s his heart. They have a month to clear his name and convince society they are madly in love…”
- Pandemic by Robin Cook just went live!! — “New York Times-bestselling author Robin Cook takes on the cutting-edge world of gene-modification in this pulse-pounding new medical thriller. When an unidentified, seemingly healthy young woman collapses suddenly on the New York City subway and dies upon reaching the hospital, her case is an eerie reminder for veteran medical examiner Jack Stapleton of the 1918 flu pandemic. Fearful of a repeat on the one hundredth anniversary of the nightmarish contagion, Jack autopsies the woman within hours of her demise and discovers some striking anomalies: first, that she has had a heart transplant, and second, that, against all odds, her DNA matches that of the transplanted heart. Although the facts don’t add up to influenza, Jack must race against the clock to identify the woman and determine what kind of virus could wreak such havoc…”
- Troublemaker by Katie McCoy just went live!! It can standalone! — “Dante Delgado is arrogant, mysterious… and sexy as hell. He’s also my brother’s best friend, which makes him seriously off-limits — until one of our infuriating fights turns into a steamy make-out session. Now, all bets are off. I know he’s trouble, but I can’t stay away. The chemistry between us is burning out of control, but Dante’s hiding something behind that bad boy smile, and his secrets could destroy us both. Am I heading straight for heartbreak? Or can this troublemaker open his heart for the right woman?”
- The Blood That Drives Us by MN Forgy just went live!! — “He has learned everything he knows from his father, the most dangerous biker of The Devil’s Dust MC. He devours the darkness with a cocky grin and no f**** to give. His immoral obsessions barely keep him content in a life of chaos and havoc until he finds himself craving more. She doesn’t need the risk that comes with him… that is until her perfectly orchestrated life takes a sudden turn and she’s left with nowhere else to go. She’s sunshine and charities, he’s bullets and ecstasy. Will he step out of his hell and into her bed knowing it’ll mean that he’s dragging her into the depths of his criminal world?”
- Perversion by TM Frazier just went live!! This is the final book in the Perversion Trilogy, be sure to read both Book #1 and Book #2 before this one. — “He was my first… I’m empty. Hollow. Lost. He knows it. He knows I need more. So, he gives it to me. My body has never felt such pleasure. My heart has never endured such pain.”
WEEKLY NEW RELEASES RECAP
HOT NEW RELEASES (NOW LIVE):
- My Favorite Half-Night Stand by Christina Lauren (friends to lovers romcom standalone)
- Wrapped in Love by Lexi Ryan (single mom holiday romance, standalone in The Boys of Jackson Harbor series)
- Misadventures with a Country Boy by Elizabeth Hayley (standalone romance in Misadventures series)
- Fumbled Love by Lila Rose (sports romance standalone)
- Lies by Aleatha Romig (dark romance, Web of Sin Book 2)
- Defiance by Cherise Sinclair (erotic romance, novella in Masters of the Shadowlands series)
- Bound by Love by Cora Reilly (mafia romance in Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles)
- The Dirty Ones by JA Huss (thrilling standalone romance)
- My Bad by Lani Lynn Vale (biker romance in The Bear Bottom Guardians MC series)
- The Accidental Beauty Queen by Teri Wilson (Royals series)
- Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare (The Dark Artifices series Book 3)
- Of Blood and Bone by Nora Roberts (post apocalyptic Chronicles of The One Book 2)
- The Darkest Captive by Gena Showalter (paranormal romance, standalone novella in Lords of the Underworld series)
DETAILED LIST: NEW RELEASES
My Favorite Half-Night Stand by Christina Lauren — New Release!!
Standalone: “Millie Morris has always been one of the guys. A UC Santa Barbara professor, she’s a female-serial-killer expert who’s quick with a deflection joke and terrible at getting personal. And she, just like her four best guy friends and fellow professors, is perma-single.
So when a routine university function turns into a black tie gala, Mille and her circle make a pact that they’ll join an online dating service to find plus-ones for the event. There’s only one hitch: after making the pact, Millie and one of the guys, Reid Campbell, secretly spend the sexiest half-night of their lives together, but mutually decide the friendship would be better off strictly platonic.
But online dating isn’t for the faint of heart. While the guys are inundated with quality matches and potential dates, Millie’s first profile attempt garners nothing but dick pics and creepers. Enter “Catherine”—Millie’s fictional profile persona, in whose make-believe shoes she can be more vulnerable than she’s ever been in person. Soon “Catherine” and Reid strike up a digital pen-pal-ship…but Millie can’t resist temptation in real life, either. Soon, Millie will have to face her worst fear—intimacy—or risk losing her best friend, forever.”
Wrapped in Love by Lexi Ryan — New Release!!
Can standalone: “The rumors are true. I’m a hot mess with an awful track record at love. Single mom. Down on her luck. Yeah, I’m bad news. If the hardest part of moving back home was going to be people talking, I’d be fine. I’ve kept my chin up through worse than their decade-old gossip.
I was wrong. The hardest part is resisting my boss. He is the very picture of tall, dark, and handsome. And thanks to an ill-advised one-night stand we had seven months ago, I know exactly what I’m missing when I turn him down. Every. Single. Delicious. Inch.
But I have my son to care for and my job to keep, so I’ll keep on saying no.
Until my string of bad luck continues, and suddenly my precious four-year-old and I find ourselves with nowhere to live. At Christmas, no less. It’s for my son that I accept his offer to stay at his place. One by one, my defenses are falling, as fast as I am. If he was smart, he’d run, because it’s only a matter of time before he realizes he deserves better than what a girl like me can offer.
Unless, for once, my bad luck is leading me exactly where I need to be.“
Misadventures with a Country Boy by Elizabeth Hayley — New Release!!
Can standalone: “She has a lot she wants to escape from: a career she never asked for, a future she doesn’t want, and parents who’ve only ever seen her as a business opportunity. But in her desire to experience life, she quickly realizes she’s lacking in one very important skill—how to survive on her own.
Former soldier Cole Timmons is an expert at running away. Whether it’s from his rural hometown, alcoholic father, or painful memories, he doesn’t hesitate to leave… Until he encounters an out-of-place woman at a gas station in the middle of nowhere. The wealthy “princess” couldn’t be more different from the country loner, and the pair get off to a rocky and misadventurous start.
But sometimes exteriors are armors meant to deceive. Sometimes what’s beneath reveals more than anyone ever realized. Sometimes, in order to stop running away, a person simply needs to find something to run toward.”
Fumbled Love by Lila Rose — New Release!!
Can standalone: “The one day English teacher Reagan Wild is late for work—and looks like she dressed herself in the dark—she remembers Carter Anthony, a well-known football star, is coming to the school to deliver a talk to her overexcited students… While she knows him from her high school days, since he was her past crush, she wasn’t ready to see him again. At the time, she hated being invisible. But right now, she wished she could simply disappear.
He keen to give back to his hometown, but what he doesn’t expect is getting something in return. When a chance encounter with the shy girl from his past, happens, he knows instinctively this woman is supposed to be in his life.
With an embarrassing ability to blurt out whatever’s on her mind, she doesn’t understand his attention. She has no doubt, though, he’ll soon realize his mistake when he discovers just how crazy she and her family are. But no matter what he sees, what he hears, or how her looney family behaves, he doesn’t run. In fact, his family seem just as unique as hers.
Through dog poop, naked yoga, and the paparazzi’s, can they have any hope in love, even when it’s fumbled?”
Lies by Aleatha Romig — New Release!!
That’s no longer an easy statement.
Who am I?
Since a man so handsome he takes my breath away and so infuriating he pushes me in ways I’ve never known came barreling into my life like a category five hurricane, I can’t even finish that simple statement. In twenty-six years I’ve lived three lives—been three different people. They say that I was named after the spider to make me resilient… I prefer to consider myself a cat. It ups my chance of surviving the world I’m now living. Maybe that’s only wishful thinking because according to him, my number of lives is running out. There are people who want to harm me, to learn the secrets they claim that I possess. The only person to offer me protection is him. Can I trust a man who willingly put me in the sight of danger? What is real? What are lies?”