I was on tagged Facebook to list my Top 10 Books That Have Stayed With Me In Some Way… and I wasn’t planning to do it at first because I didn’t think I could manage to only list 10. I guess I just felt like there are so many books I love that I’d feel weird, or even guilty, only naming a few of them because lets face it… I know that all of us have a ton of books we love and adore.
But this wasn’t just asking books I loved or even my “favorite books”, it was literally books that somehow just stuck with me over time so please remember, this is different than a normal favorites list. And, as such, there are 2 books/series listed on it that I’ve never even mentioned before on this blog!
(PS: Thanks Abby C. for the tag!)
Also, I’ve only listed books I’d read prior to 2013 or preferably even way before then. I took this quite literally to mean books that have had a chance to stay with me for a while so even though I have many newer books that have had a strong impact on me, I tried to focus on the ones I’ve loved for longer here…
- The Bronze Horseman series by Paullina Simons (My Review) — This is (and I think always will be) the story that has had the strongest and deepest impact on me. It’s the most powerful and epic love story I’ve ever read. And, even though there are many favorite books I love with all my heart and soul, I honestly can’t imagine any other story ever having this strong an impact on me which it’s why I’ve put it on a pedestal as my one and only 10-stars series. It’s absolutely incomparable in my eyes.
- Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James — I owe this book for getting me seriously into contemporary romance. I read it back when it first came out as an indie and even though I’d read a few before this and loved them, this was the series that made me go ‘OMG. I want more!’ … For me, and I think for many other readers of romance, this book was a reading life changer. It’s one of those series I could re-read endlessly and it would still make my heart race each time. *sigh* I love you, CG.
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer — The vampire who fell in love with the innocent human… This was the first 100% romance series I ever read and I fell in complete and total love with Edward. I think the entire romance world owes this book so much. Not only did I adore this book on it’s own merit but I also love it for the incredible creativity it inspired. So many of my top favorite books today originated as fanfiction of this book and I’m so grateful that this story inspired so many authors to write.
- Slammed series by Colleen Hoover (My Review) — Oh gosh, I can still so vividly remember the heart-racing intensity I felt the first time I read this book. That twist!!!! This was still one of the first contemporary romances I’d ever read so I have no idea what to expect and it totally caught me off guard and took over my life!! This was the first book I officially pimped out to anyone who I could get to read it. I even made my parents read it (PS – they loved it!). It was the first book I reviewed — my review was very short but it was something and it inspired me to keep reviewing. But this was the first time I just had to get my feelings about a book out because I loved it that much. And I still do.
- Bared To You (Crossfire #1) by Sylvia Day (My Review) — This was the first (and only book) that I’ve ever read straight through and then immediately flipped it right over and started it over again. The kind of relationship that Gideon and Eva have is the kind I most love reading about — characters with a lot of pain in their pasts, who love each other with every fiber of their beings and are doing everything in their power to work together to build a functional relationship. The writing, the characters, the story, everything about this book is just perfection to me.
- Thoughtless series by SC Stephens (My Review) — My first rockstar book and still my favorite one!! Kellan Kyle. Holy hell. The things this book did to my heart. The angst was like nothing I’d ever read before. My stomach was in knots. My heart was pounding. I literally stayed up til the wee hours of the morning glued to the pages of this book. Safe to say, it was another life changer for me as a reader.
- The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred (My Review) — This was the book that made me fall in love second chance romances. I remember inhaling this book in one sitting. Such strong emotions — such intense emotions — and gorgeous writing. Even looking back now, I can still feel for this story even though it’s been quite a while since I read it so yeah… this one has stayed with me.
- Captive In The Dark by CJ Roberts (My Review) — This was the first ‘dark romance’ book I read and it is absolutely still my #1. This book pushed the boundaries of my comfort zones to the very very very limits and me questioning my feelings (and my sanity because of those feelings) over and over again. There was nothing black and white about this story. It was all about the grey zone. Such a twisted and yet beautiful love story. Incredible writing, complex and multi-layered characters, and just this emotionally draining, utterly mindfucking, meticulously crafted story. Gah. I loved this series!
- Love Me With Lies series by Tarryn Fisher (My Review) — It’s kind of a big deal for me that I’m listing these books here because on the surface they seem like the polar opposite of the kind of story I love. Interestingly, this series ended up as one of my 5-star top favs. It’s easily the most heart-breakingly dysfunctional love story I’ve read but also one of the most beautiful. People aren’t perfect and this story had a raw honesty to it that just reached right into my heart. And the writing is outstanding. Truly brilliant story telling.
- Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop (Book 1, Book 2, Book 3) — Ok, so I’ve never mentioned this series on my blog before because a) I don’t have reviews for them because I read them before I started blogging, and b) the series is kind of a romance and yet, it’s also not. I’d probably classify them as sexy, dark urban fantasy. There are strong relationships and very dark, sexual themes but the whole story is just in it’s own category all together. The world that this author created is entirely, 100% unique and very complex. Gosh, I’ve probably read this trilogy at least 10 times over minimum and it was one of those where the more I read it, the more I loved it. It has Alpha men, strong women, completely original world building but it’s completely unlike anything else I usually blog about. I’ve also never mentioned them because I guess in a weird way, I feel like I need to explain them a little or something (they’re really different)… One day, I’ll re-read and review them but for now, I’ll just add them to this list. (PS: please don’t judge them on their covers. Seriously.)
- Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind — This is a fantasy series (like actual fantasy, not fantasy romance) that is another that I’ve read so many times but never before mentioned on my blog since it’s not specifically a romance. There is however a single, strong, unwavering love story throughout all 11 (looooong) books. This series as a whole has a set of very powerful messages which really resonate strongly with me personally and even though this is really not the kind of series that fits in with this blog per se, it’s one of those ones that has always stayed with me.
k, so 11 is close to 10 right?? haha I cheated a little. Sorry! 😉 There are so many other honourable mentions … so many more unforgettable stories. But I’m trying to stick to the rules here. So instead, I’ll just refer you to my favorites list for each of the years I’ve been blogging…
What about you? What are the Top 10 Books That Have Stayed With You?
I’d love to see your choices so feel free to comment below with them!! 😀
Oh I love this!! ok here are mine
1. Fifty Shades
2. Harry Potter
3. The Sweet Gum Tree
4. Beautiful Disaster
5. Pride & Prejudice
6. BDB series
7. Sinners On Tour
10. Captive In The Dark
Great list, Melissa! I still have to read Undeniable 😉
Okay, I don’t know you, but judging by your taste in books, we basically share a mind. That’s literally my list. In that. Exact. Order.
The Bronze Horseman
The Edge of Never
I love your list! Making Faces and Archer’s Voice are also on my top favs list 🙂
Pride and Prejudice
Arsen by Mia Asher
Undeniable by Madeleine Sheehan
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Thoughtless by SC Stephens
Slammed by Colleen Hoover
Flowers In The Attic
Ooh someone else mentioned Flowers In The Attic too! I cant believe I haven’t read it!
1. 50 shades of grey series
2. Sylvia day – Gabriel series
3. The “Gideon” series
4. Kally master’s series – the rescue me series
5. Cherise Sinclair – shadowlands series
6. Cherise Sinclair – doms of the dark haven
7. Anything he wants – Sara Fawkes
8. Harry potter series
9. This man series
10. With me in Seattle series – Kristen Proby
I consider the series as 1 book! There r more since my kindle is quite full.
I do that too, Jackie, where I consider the series as 1 book 😉
Eragon (I started to read by this book)
The Little Prince (I’ll always love this one)
Sometimes it lasts
The Diary of a Young Girl (Ana Frank)
The Billionaire’s Final Stand
Thanks for sharing your list, Antonela 🙂
1. Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens
2. Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James
3. Twilight by Stephanie Meyers
4. Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews
5 . The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
6. Making Faces by Amy Harmon
7. Something Wonderful by Judith McNaught
8. The Secret by Julie Garwood
9. Slammed by Colleen Hoover
10. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Neffennegger
I’ve been meaning to read The Time Traveler’s Wife for a while! I should bump it up my TBR. Great list, Denise! 🙂
-Slammed by Colleen Hoover
-Fifty Shades by EL James
-Thoughtless by SC Stephens
-Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
-Flowers In The Attic
-Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
-The Bronze Horseman
I’ve loved so many of these books too!
Paula N says
1. The Bridge To Terabitha by Katherine Paterson -This book hands down had the biggest effect on me. Love it. One of the greatest stories of friendship, ever.
2. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Milay
3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
4. Harry Potter series
5. Experiment in Terror series by Karina Halle -Contains my two favorite book characters ever.
6. Seduced in the Dark by CJ Roberts. -Made me question a lot about myself.
7. Going Under by S. Walden
8. Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley. -Started my KA obsession. 38 books later and I still salivate when she has a release day!
9. Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
10. The Fever series by Karen Marie Moning
Ohhh yes, Bridge To Terabithia was a great one!!
I loved seeing the older ones that people mention — brings back so many memories!
Thanks for sharing your list 🙂
-Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan
-Best Kept Secrets by Sandra Brown
-Taking Chances by Molly McAdams
-Love Me with Lies series by Tarryn Fisher
-Avoiding series by K.A. Linde
-Tethered by L.D Davis
-Transcendence by Shay Savage
-Arsen by Mia Asher
-The Artists Trilogy by Karina Halle
-Consequences series by Aleatha Romig
I haven’t heard of the BKS one! I’m going to have to check it out 😉
Twilight… I owe twilight for my addiction to reading now…never really read before this.
50 shades of grey
Hopeless and losing hope
Beautiful disaster series
Emi lost and found
Trust in me/wait for you
Cross fire series
Hot house flower…hey you did 11 lol
Teehee!! 11 is the new 10 😉
Thanks for posting your top books list. I have read your previous recommendations and have loved every one that I’ve tried so far.
My top ten books/series are:
1. Thoughtless series by SC Stephens
2. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover (I love all of her books)
3. Innocence series by Alessandra Torre
4. Knight by Kristen Ashley
5. Rock Chick series by Kristen Ashley
6. Regret series by A.L. Jackson
7. Keatyn Chronicles by Jillian Dodd
8. Ten Tiny Breaths series by K.A. Tucker
9. Bully/ Until You by Penelope Douglas
10. Easy/Breakable by Tammara Webber
There are so many others that deserve to be on this list (Songs of Submission by CD Reid’s, Undeniable series by Madeleine Sheehan, Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines, Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire, Collide/Pulse by Gail Mc Hugh, etc., etc.). My number one favourite character is Kellan Kyle so I do put the series a little above the rest. 🙂
That is supposed to be CD Reiss…Damn auto correct..lol.
I feel like I too have a giant list of other ones I want to my Top 10. Narrowing it down was sooooo not easy!! Thanks for posting your list 😀
1. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
2. The fault in the stars by john green
3. Maybe someday by Colleen Hoover
4. Ugly love by Colleen Hoover
5. The bronze horseman by Paulina Simmons
6. The outsiders by SE Hinton
7. Tortured by Kate givans
8. Dragonfly in amber by Diana Gabaldon
9. Archers voice by Mia Sheridan
10. Taking chances by Molly mcadams
Oooh! You posted 2 new ones I haven’t read. Thanks for sharing! I’m going to look them up :))
1. Fifty shades all 3 For my reading addiction
2. 1000 splendid suns
3. Bad things series rk likely
4. Thoughtless, effortless reckless
5 the winter rose Jennifer Donnelly. Sensational
7. Perfect Judith mcnaught
8. Sweet dreams Kirsten Ashley
9. Witness Nora Roberts
10. Slammed Colleen Hoover
This was too hard. There are others that are sensational too. But really the best of all time is fifty shades. I have read that trilogy 13 times and loved it every time.
I’ve had The Winter Rose on my TBR for a long time. I might have to bump it up! 😉
1. A Thousand Splendid Suns
2. Fifty Shades of Grey series
3. Twilight Series
4. Bad Things, Rock bottom, Lovely Trigger series
5. Gabriel’s Inferneo, Gabriel’s Rapture, Gabriel’s Redemption series
7. Monsters in the dark series
8. Pride and Prejudice
9. Loving Mr. Daniels
10. Memoirs of a Geisha
I forgot about Bad Things (Tristan and Danika trilogy) by R.K. Lilley …my bad! Tristan Vega is another one of my faves.
I love Tristan too, Jana! <3
Great list, Teasha! I’m going to have to check out your #1 book. I haven’t read it!
1 -Slammed – Colleen Hover
UL , maybe someday, hopeless series,
I love everything Colleen writes too! She’s such a brilliant author 😀
Terri Glidden-Csizmar says
This is my list in no particular order….
1. Collide/Pulse (I want Gavin)
2. 50 Shades (read all 3 in like 3 days couldn’t put down)
3. Sweet Gum tree (just a BEAUTIFUL story)
4. The Devil’s Eyes series (Nick and Kayla are bad ass)
5. The Blackstone Affair (So much passion)
6. The Consequences series (mind blowing)
7. Captive in the Dark ( What a story!)
8. Present Perfect (I cried from the yellow feathers to the end, literally)
9. The Thoughtless series (Kellan Kyle, say no more)
10. The Needing Moore series (another 2nd chance journey that I just cherish)
A few more that I want in my top 10 are…
Gabriels Inferno series (again so much passion)
Carage (roller coaster)
Book boyfriend series (crazy, frustrating couldn’t put down)
Underestimated (love the unexpected)
Mud Vein ( the end ?? my heart sank)
Great list, Terri! I agree with so many of yours!
I agree with some many of your titles. Especially with Collide/Pulse, and Mud Vein.
I Recommend you:
– Love me With Lies (Tarryn Fisher)
– Broken series (A.E.Murphy)
– My man series (Jodi Ellen Malpas)
-Crossfire series (Sylvia Day)
Okay in light of your criteria I will revise my original list a little bit but not to ones prior to 2013 since I started reading adult romance novels at the age of ten years old. There would be a LOT of historical novels in that list since I was a historical romance junkie up until about 2010 when I got into Twilight and rediscovered paranormal, YA and now New Adult romance.
Mine are in the order that I’ve read them with paranormal (my favorite genre) listed first. All evoked an emotional response from me in some way:
1. Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
2. Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
3. The Mephisto Covenant series by Stephanie Feagan/Trinity Faegen
4. Saving Forever (Ever Trilogy book 3) & Falling Into You (that scene, no!!!!), Falling Into Us (Becca & Jason-I wanted to be them!) by Jasinda Wilder
5. Ice series by Anne Stuart
6. Wait For You series by J. Lynn
7. Between Breaths series by Christina Lee
8. Clipped Wings series by Helena Hunting
9. Death Angel by Linda Howard
10. Ice series by Anne Stuart
Honorable mentions: ***Exposure by Therese Fowler*** – The story was so astonishingly good. I feel for you parents out there, seriously.
Love your revised list!
I’m surprised you didn’t say Emi Lost and Found…you talked about that one for a minute
I didn’t mention it because I read it very recently. It was a 2014 read for me and this list is only 2013 and before because the game said books that had stayed with you for a *while* so I took that to mean older read 🙂
1. A Wrinkle in Time Madeleine L’Engle
2.The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
3. Watchers by Dean Koontz
4. The Stand by Stephen King
5. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
6. The Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer
7. From the Wreckage by Michele G. Miller
8. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
9. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
10. The Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Oh, There are a few on here I need to check out! Thank you for sharing!
América Mauricio says
Hi, darling! I love to read your recommendations even when I don’t normally comment them. It’s just that every single book you love becomes in a book I love, so I’m sure all of these are amazing. (I’ve just read four).
Have you ever read the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost? I think you’ll love them.
Hi! 🙂 Yes, I’ve definitely read them and loved them! I even considered adding them to this list but… only 10 made for a lot of books that didn’t make the list. I love Cat & Bones though <3
I don’t always chime in but I love your blog SO much!! Here are mine….
1. Love Unscripted -Tina Reber
2. Sea of Tranquility- Katija Millay
3. Love Me With Lies Series- Tarryn Fisher
4. Beautifully Awake and Beautifully Done- Riley Mackenzie
5. Me Before You- Jojo Moyes
6.Fifty Shades of Grey- EL James
7. Hopeless – Colleen Hoover
8. Killing Sarai- JA Redmerski
9. Allure Series- Nina Lane
10. Gabriels Inferno and Gabriels Rapture- Sylvain Reynard
Hi, Robin! Thank you so much for sharing your list 🙂
I loved Love Unscripted, The Sea of Tranquility and Allure too. All top favs of mine as well! <3
Sheila Forward says
1. Fifty shades of Grey
2. The consequences series
3. The sweet gum tree
4. Love me with lies
5. The final piece
6. This man trilogy
7. All things KA
9. the Blackstone affair
I love your list!!
Natalie S. says
Driven Trilogy, K. Bromberg
– Fever Series, KMM
– The Immortal Highlander, KMM
– Beautiful Disaster, Jamie McGuire
– Rock me, Cherrie Lynn
– Fifty Shades of Grey #1&2
– Shiver Trilogy, Maggie Stiefvater
– Mind Games, Carolyn Crane
– As you Desire, Connie Brockway
– Downside Ghosts Series, Stacia Kane
Oh, 2 on there I haven’t read. I’ll be sure to check them out 🙂
Hello from Greece!
I have just read Come to me Softly and saw your blog in the first page. Congrats! Well, I cannot make a proper list, since it consists of many Greek books, but I will write down some English language books I read this summer and really liked.
1. Beautiful disaster
2. Come to me quietly
3. Come to me softly
4. The Hush hush four books
5. The Stranger I married, Sylvia Day
Of course The Bronze Horseman is above all these books and it is a pitty I cannot find another book like this! Thank you for all your book recommendations. I will follow as many as I can.
Hello to Greece!! Thank you for sharing your list with us! 🙂
I’m glad i’m not the only one who has a secret love of the black jewels series. I don’t know what it is and why it really is but there is just something about it, that is intriguing me to bits.
my list would be:
the firebird by Sophie Masson
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
The house of Comarre by Kristen Painter
Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day
beautiful Bastard series by Christina Lauren
The Stark Trilogy by J. Kenner
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
A Bun for Barney (Childhood book)
The Hunger Games by Suzzanne Collins
the black jewels trilogy by Anne Bishop (of Course, or anything she writes really)
eep!! I think you’re the only other person I’ve ever “met” who’s read them! I’m so glad its not just me who loves them 😀
There has to be someone else out there who has read them too. We can’t be the only lucky ones. I know that they are not really a romance read, but they are a must read for one. Recommend them to anyone who will listen. No to convince people to actually read them…
Haha I hear you! I just feel like they’re harder books to get people read because they’re so hard to explain. Lol, you more just have to get people to trust you and just dive in 😉 One day, I’ll re-read and review and hopefully that’ll help convince some of the readers on here to try them out!
Kristi Collins says
I want to say that limiting to 10 almost leaves me in a panic attack 😉
1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
2. Breaking Kate by Dee Kelly….this is a must read by a new author….brilliantly written!
3. Dom Wars Series by Lucian Bane one word….incredible
4. The Blackstone Affair by Raine Miller stirred my love of dirty mouthed alpha males
5. The Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind the only fantasy series I have completed
6. The Notebook by Nicolas Sparks
7. The Prey Series by John Sanford…love a detective series
8. The Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer I learned I loved the paranormal
9 With Me Series By Kristen Proby
10. Sweet Valley High….for which I learned I loved to read!
Great list, Kristi!! And I was freaking out at the “10 only” limit too 😉
Terrie Jackson says
1. The Aceptance Series By: Dee Kelly
2. The Driven Trilogy By: K. Bromberg
3. The Wanted By: Kelly Elliott
4. The Thoughtless Series By: S.C. Stephens
5. The Crossfire Series By: Sylvia Day
6. This Man Series By: Jodi Ellen Malpas
7. Until Series By: Aurora Rose Reynolds
8. The Academy Series By: C.L. Stone
9. The Seattle Series By: Kristen Proby
10. Bluegrass State of Mind & Bluegrass Undercover By: Kathleen Brooks
Thanks for sharing!!
Stacey B. says
These all seem like fantastic books; what a great idea for a blog post. There are so many books that have “stayed with me” in some small way. I just finished a book called “Watson’s Way” by author Joel Lund that I would like to recommend to all of you. It is a book that has stayed in my mind ever since finishing it a few weeks ago. This book is so heart warming and beautifully written I was really impressed by it. For anyone who has ever had the joy of being loved by a pet, this book will instantly tug at your heart strings. Their is such a deep spirituality in our pets and they can truly bring out the best in us, and that is exactly what the author shows us in this story. Whether you are a Christian, believe in God, love dogs, or are just feeling lost, this book can truly help you reflect on your life and learn some very important lessons a long the way. It is an uplifting, feel-good reminder that life lessons are all around us.
Thanks for sharing!
1. Stephenie Meyer ‘Twilight series’
2. Jodi Ellen Malpas ‘This Man Series’
3. E.L James ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
4. Jamie McGuire “Beautiful Disaster Series”
5. Diana Palmer “Lord of the Desert”
6. Jamie Begley – “The Last Riders Series” ‘Shade is my Favorite’
7. Melissa Mayhue “Daughters of Glen Series”
8. Sylvia Day “Cross Fire Series”
9. Nora Roberts “In The Garden Trilogy”
10. K.A Tucker “Ten Tiny Breaths Series”
1. Rock Chicks – Kristen Ashley
2. The Burg’s – Kristen Ashley
3. The Crashed Series – K. Bromberg
4. Rook &Ronin/ Ford/Spencer – JA Huss
5. Kate Daniels -Ilona Andrews
6. Fifty Shades of Grey – EL James
7. The Blacketone Affair – Rain Miller
8. Bound Hearts – Lora Leigh
9. Forever Series – Sandi Lynn
10. The Crossfire Series – Sylvia Day
KA rocks!! Great list 🙂
1. The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen Woodiwiss ( read it first time like 25 yrs ago. Sooo Good)
2. A Knight in Shining Armour by Jude Deveraux ( another oldie but goodie)
3. Dark Prince by Christine Feehan
4. Fifty Shades of Grey series by EL James
5. Thoughtless series by S.C. Stephens
6. Forever and the Night by Linda lael Miller
7. Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan
8. Collide by Gail mchugh
9. Dark Fires by Brenda Joyce ( another great one that tears at your heart)
10. Whitney, My Love by Judith Mc Naught
Thank you for sharing your favs!
Fifty is my number one atm, I’m able to go back and read certain paragraphs or quotes and tear up on the spot. That’s how much I love the trilogy so I agree with y’all and your love for it.
Fifty is awesome!!
1. The “Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. (started reading them when I was nine; I’m 23 now and am still in love!
2. “To Kill A Mockingbird” by Harper Lee.
3. “Heidi” by Johanna Spyri.
4. the “Fudge” series by Judy Blume.
5. “Heart on A Chain” by Cindy C. Bennett.
6. “Sinners on Tour” series by Olivia Cunning!!!!
7. “Womens Murder Club” series by James Patterson.
8. “I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings” by Maya Angelou.
9. The “Grey Wolves” series by Quinn Loftis.
10. “The Perks of Being A Wallflower” by Stephen Chbosky.
Wonderful list! 🙂
Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred
Undeniable (Undeniable #1) by Madeline Sheehan
Arsen: A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher
Hydraulic Level Five (Hydraulic, #1) Sarah Latchaw
Bright Side (Bright Side, #1) by Kim Holden
Butterfly Tattoo by Deidre Knight
The Story of Us (Carnage, #1) by Lesley Jones
The Story of Me (Carnage, #2) by Lesley Jones
The Regret Series by A.L. Jackson
Bang (Black Lotus #1) by E.K. Blair
TSGT is so amazing!!!
Aestas…..I just reread it which I never do but it was just as good the second time!
The Education of Sebastian & The Education of Caroline (The Education of…, #1-2)
by Jane Harvey-Berrick
Loved that too!
1 -2 . All judith Mcnaught books historical and contemporary.
3. Rage of angels – Sydney sheldon makes me cry and really sad.
3.5 some of S. Sheldon books the suspense is killing me.
4. 50 shades of grey
5. harry potter series the kid in me 🙂
6. Twilight series
7. Any man of mine-rachel gibson & some of RG books
8. Abbi glines books
9. Susan elizabeth philips books
10. Alice clayton books
I’ll add some of those to my TBR!
a lot of these are darker romance. These are some of the books
that has stayed with me. Hope you like them as much as I did:)!
That which destorys me- kimber s dawn
Where one goes -B.N.toler
Ten tiny breaths-K.A. Tucker
Beautifully broken promises-Kimberly Lauren
Behind iron lace- mercy Celeste
Very twisted things- ilsa madden mills
For you- Kristen ashley
The dark light of day- T.M. Frazier
Dark reads are great too!
My heartfelt gratitude and delight in finding your blog tonight are immense! My favourite romance book ever is the Bronze Horseman series and I use this as a standard on how all romance books are judged. So guess how delighted I am to find a like minded opinion in your blog and write up! I am looking forward to look through the books you recommend and knowing that you will be on a lookout for another epic romance as such with Alexandra and Tatiana ( or that with Christian and Ana).
Welcome to my blog! TBH is my most favorite book of all time and definitely if you loved that one, you should be able to find many others you like on this blog (even if they’re not necessarily the same type of story). I certainly hope you do! Happy reading/browsing!
1. Fifty shades series (My fav:D)
2. This man series (love Jesse!!)
3. Wallbanger (gah!)
6. Reason to Breathe (breathing series)
7. At first sight (Nicholas Sparks)
8. Tangled (I love Drew)
9. Looking for Alaska (he he)
10. Driven series (HILARIOUS!!)
I check your blog everyday and your reviews are awesome I discovered some great books thanks to you, I came across a book, Captured by Jasinda Wilder that you just have to read it if you haven’t already I promise it’ll become one of your favorites I enjoyed it soooo much and I know you will too.
Thank you so much! I’m glad you love the blog 🙂
I have read (and loved) Captured as well. If you to go my list of reviews, you’ll see one there!!
#8 Captive in the dark.
Have you read This life of Anna series by Marissa Honeycutt?
It was the most disturbing book I have ever read, Captive in the dark stayed with me but this one? Was well written but I honestly don’t know how someone could come up with something this dark. I will never forget it, even if I would like to, there is a love story but all the darkness overrides a lot of it.
Here’s my top 10:
1. twilight saga by Stephanie Meyer
2. Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
3. Sempre by JM Darhower
4. Monster in His Eyes by JM Darhower
5. Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher
6. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
7. Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
8. One to tell the Grandkids by Kristina Sanchez
9. Beloved by Toni Morrison
10. Priest by Sierra Simone
Here is my top 10 list in no particular order:
1. Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer (the whole reason I became addicted to reading!)
2. This Man Trilogy by Jodi Ellen Malpas (swoon)
3. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover (couldn’t put it down!!!)
4. Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan (oh come on, you know everybody loved this book!)
5. The Driven Series by K. Bromberg (brilliant!)
6. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover (emotional roller coaster)
7. The Thoughtless Trilogy by S.C. Stephens (will always be my favorite)
8. When it Rains by Lisa De Jong (tore me up! break out the tissues)
9. Debt by Nina G. Jones (loved the suspense)
10. The Consolation Duet by Corinne Michaels (my heart ached)
Okay, so those are definitely my top ten but here’s a few extras you must read if you haven’t already:
1. Black Lies & Sex, Love, Repeat – both by Alessandra Torre
2. The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden AND The Secret of Ella and Micha – both by Jessica Sorensen
3. Indebted Series by Pepper Winters
4. Until Series by Aurora Rose Reynolds
5. Collide & Pulse by Gail McHugh
6. Beneath Series by Meghan March
7. Beaumont Series by Heidi McLaughlin
8. Fixed Series by Laurelin Paige
9. Raw by Belle Aurora
10. Tall, Tatted, & Tempting by Tammy Falkner (love Logan and all the Reed brothers)
11. Breaking Free trilogy by E.M. Abel
12. Breathing trilogy by Rebecca Donovan
13. Fallen Crest series by Tijan
I absolutely love your blog. I log on everyday just to read your reviews, recommendations, and beautifully arranged pre-order and New Release Book Lists. Your site is so well organized and always kept up to date with the latest and greatest reads. I follow all your recommendations since it appears we have very similar taste in books. So thank you for everything you do. Us book lovers appreciate it!! 🙂
My top 10 romance books:
1. Grayson’s Vow by Mia Sheridan
2. Burying Water by K. A. Tucker
3. Darker Water by Lauren Stewart
4. Sustained by Emma Chase
5. On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
6. The Deal by Elle Kennedy
7. Coming Home by Priscilla Glenn
8. Beyond What is Given by Rebecca Yarros
9. The Strongest Steel by Scarlett Cole
10. Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah
Loved each and every one of those and have read them so many times that it could probably be considered slightly embarrassing:)
Hi Aestas , i’ve come across many books through your blog. I love your reviews. I always check them before reading any new book.
Well my top 10 & fav books :
1. Fifty shades trilogy (this book got me into reading actually!)
2. Sustained -Ema Chase
3. Taking Chances – Molly McAdams
8.The life intended
9.addicted to you & series
10. Life is what you make it -Preeti shenoy (that’s of an Indian author but i still love it)
I even love I too had a love story & its series by Rajvinder Singh (An Indian author)
Top 10 books that stayed with me:
1) Ten Tiny breaths by K.A Tucker
2) Nine minutes by Beth Flynn
3) Kyland by Mia Sherdian
4) Becoming Calder by Mia Sherdian
5) One Day Soon by A. Meredith Walters
6) Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred
7) Ugly love by Colleen Hoover
8) Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
9) How to Save a Life by Emma Scott
10) The wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata
My top ten are admittedly more fantasy than romance-though I am dipping my toes into that genre.
1: The Shannara Chronicles-Terry Brooks
2: The Unusual School for Girls-Kathleen Baldwin
3: Codename Verity-Elizabeth Wein
4: Outlander-Diana Gabaldon
5: Fantasy Lover-Sherrilyn Kenyon
6: Beyond the Highland Mist: Karen Marie Moning
6: Cinder-Marissa Meyer
7: Red Rising-Pierce Brown
8: Uprooted-Niomi Novik
9: Stardust-Neil Gaimen
10: Into the Wilderness-Sara Donatti
Hi I am new here and am not sure if this is the right category or opinion place to write this but here goes. I embrace my sexually but that doesn’t mean that I want to read about sex slaves or whips or chains books or you get it now? I am looking for books with heat sensual heat or let me give you several several examples of my authors that I love and have a permanent place on my libruary shelf. The late Bertrice Small…R.I.P…Julie Garwood (her highlander series only) Susan Andersen, lori Foster, Virginia Henley..love love her books..Sabrina Jeffries. Susan Johnson, Nichole Jordan, Donna Kauffman, Donna Fletcher, Lisa Kleypas, Julia London. Kat Martin, Connie Mason, Judith McNaught ( I wish she would write again) Paula Quinn, Lora Leigh, Bella Andre, Michele Sinclair, Mary Wine, Jaci Burton, and Lynasy Sands. I am not looking for one page sensual heat. I am looking or shopping for new authors who may be as tasteful as all these authors are. I would really appreciate your opinions/idea’s or suggestions. I read both contempory or historical novels or short stories 4 my kindle fire hd 8. I look forward to hear back from you. Thank you in advance
Omg. Undone by virginia henley is one of my favs. Am used to reading whichever synopsis catches my attention. So stumbled upon Undone about few years bk and the narrative stayed with me. Thanks to you am going to check out her other works. Do you have any fav work of hers?.
Judith Mcnaught is my absolute favourite. Paradise tops my list. Matt and Mer Farrell. Yummilicious.
Love me with lies series (my ever fave)
When we collide
Captive in the dark series
It ends with us
Fifty shades of grey series
Came across your blog by searching for books “similar to Whitney, My Love.” Just added a bunch of ebooks to my Barnes and Noble cart due to looking at all these lists (Barnes and Noble thanks you all)! My list of ten (oops eleven) books that have stuck with me would include:
Twilight series (This series affected me like no other series EVER!)
Whitney, My Love
The Force of Gravity
Ugly Love (ANYTHING by Colleen Hoover sticks with you forever.)
On Dublin Street
Wait For You
This was so hard! I had to delete quite a few!
Welcome to my blog! Thank you for sharing your favs!
Here are my absolute FAVORITES!
1. Full Tilt Series by Emma Scott
2. Rush Series by Emma Scott
3. Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan
4. Finding Calder Series by Mia Sheridan
5. Thoughtless Series by S.C. Stephens
6. Cityscape Series by Jessica Hawkins
7. Stinger by Mia Sheridan
8. Carter Series by R.J. Lewis
9. The Bronze Horseman Series by Paulina Simons
10. The Mason List by S.D. Hendrickson
1. This Man trilogy by Jodi Ellen Malpas
2. One Night trilogy by Jodi Ellen Malpas
3. This Love by Dani Atkins
4. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
5. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
6. Until it Fades by K. A. Tucker (though it’s new but still awesome so deserves to be on the list)
7. Bared to You series by Sylvia Day
8. First Touch & Last Kiss series by Laurelin Paige
9. Fixed on You trilogy by Laurelin Paige
10. Fix You by Carrie Elks
1. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
2. Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
3. Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
4. Bronze Horseman series by Paulina Simon
5. Paradise by Judith McNaught
6. Whitney My Love by Judith McNaught
7. The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
8. Undecided by Julianna Keyes
9. My Roommate’s Girl by Julianna Keyes
10. A Different Blue by Amy Harmon
Megan Williams says
Anne Bishop is one of my favorite fantasy authors!! Have you reader any of her other series? Or have you ever found any other fantasy series that compares?
1. The Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop
2. Slammed Series by Colleen Hoover
3. The Veil Diaries Series by B.L. Brunnemer
4. Vain by Fisher Amelie
5. The Shapeshifters by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
6. Significance Series by Shelly Crane
7. More Than This by Jay McLean
8. Anything ever by Sarah J. Maas
9. Anything ever by Tijan
10. When We Were Kings by Auryn Hadley
1. Mud Vein – Tarryn Fisher
2. Love me with Lies – Tarryn Fisher
3. Broken series – A.E.Murphy
4. Crossfire series – Sylvia Day
5. My Man series – Jodi Ellen Malpas
6. Fixed On series – Laurelin Paige
7. FSOG – E.L.James
8. Confess – Colleen Hoover
9. Ugly Love – Colleen Hoover
10. Unsuitable – Samantha Towle
Shannon Cole says
1. Thoughtless Series by SC Stephens
2. Driven Series by K. Bromberg
3. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
4. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
5. This Man Trilogy by Jodi Ellen Malpas
6. When it Rains by Lisa De Jong
7. Where One Goes by BN Toler
8. Lucas & Logan by Jay McLean
9. Consolation Duet by Corinne Michaels
10. Full Tilt Duet by Emma Scott
1. Beautiful Disaster -Jamie McGuire
2. Dark Duet -CJ Roberts
3.Chaos Series (Own the Wind more specifically) -Kristen Ashley
4.Undeniable Series -Madeline Sheehan
5.Hopeless Series -Colleen Hoover
6.Bright Side -Kim Holden
7.The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window -Kristy Moseley
8.Songs of Submission -CD Reiss
9.Crossfire Series -Sylvia Day
10. Up In Air Series and all books in its Universe (Wild Side/Tristan Danika)
11.The Sleeping Beauty Series- Anne Rice
1. Harry Potter series
2. Surrender Series by Ahren Sanders
3. Songbird series by Lisa Edwards
4. Beautiful series Jamie Mcguire
5. Any book by R.L. Mathewson
6. Any book Abbi Glines
7. Gypsy Brothers by Lili St Germain (so twisted it was emotionally traumatizing)
8. Significance Series by Shelly Crane
9. Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
10. Hunger Games
11. Billionaire Boss Club series by Jessica Clare
BONUS: Literally ANY BOOK Nora Roberts puts out. Year one was amazing!! I can’t wait for book two. Never thought Nora would write dystopia and have no romance present
P.S. sorry!! I tried, but I’m just not good at following rules 😆
Followed you for ages via email however just had a nosy .. was looking for any biker/MC list of books ? .. came across this
List and saw ones I’d never heard of .. so I’m going to amazon them now lol thanks s
Have you read THE HOST by Stephanie Meyer??
I have, but I didn’t review it.
1. Pride and prejudice
2. All books by Judith Mcnaught. ( Paradise is my go to stress buster. Matt Farell is to die for)
3. All books by Sidney sheldon
4. Cross fire series ( Gideon cross has taken a permanant place in my heart and soul dethroning christian grey)
5. Thoughtless series ( kellen kyle in close competition with Gideon)
6. Archer’ s voice
7. Sincerely carter
8. Fifty shades
10. All books by Jeffrey archer
Latest i read The Hunter by LJ Shen and i was rofling the entire time. Such a fun read.
Bring down the stars – Emma Scott
Long live the beautiful heart -Emma Scott
MudVein -Taryn fisher
Ugly love – Colleen Scott Hoover
Thief – Tarryn Fisher
A Five minute life – Emma Scott
Drive – Kate Stewart