TODAY’S BOOKWORM NEWS:
- Four Day Fling by Emma Hart (standalone) was just announced!! — “Imagine this. You’re ready to leave after a one-night stand, and you’re figuring out how to—shock horror—leave your number and ask him to be your fake boyfriend for your sister’s wedding this weekend. When he wakes up. Well, that happened to me. And over coffee and omelets, I found myself a date. Which was how I ended up arriving at the wedding with a guy I knew nothing about. I didn’t know his last name, or how we met, or how long we’d been dating. I didn’t know where he grew up, what he’d majored in in college, or how many siblings he had. I sure as hell didn’t know he was Adam Winters, hotshot hockey player—and not only my father’s favorite player, but my little nephew’s freakin’ idol. Which means I’m in trouble. Big, big trouble. My mother is suspicious, my sister is bridezilla on crack, and my grandpa will tell anyone who’ll listen about his time in Amsterdam’s Red Light District. Four days. I have to keep this up for four days, and then Adam and I can return to our regular lives, where we don’t have sex whenever we’re alone and my family aren’t interrogating him over his intentions with me. At least, that’s the plan. And we all know what happens to those.”
- It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time by Kylie Scott (standalone) was just announced!! — “Returning home for her father’s wedding was never going to be easy for Adele. If being sent away at eighteen hadn’t been bad enough, the mess she left behind when she made a pass at her dad’s business partner sure was. Fifteen years older than her, Pete had been her crush for as long as she could remember. But she’d misread the situation—confusing friendliness for undying love. Awkward. Add her father to the misunderstanding, and Pete was left with a broken nose and a business on the edge of ruin. The man had to be just as glad as everyone else when she left town. Seven years later, things are different. Adele is no longer a kid, but a fully grown adult more than capable of getting through the wedding and being polite. But all it takes is seeing him again to bring back those old feelings. Sometimes first loves are the truest.”
- Indulge Me by Kristen Proby (With Me In Seattle series) was just announced!! — “Whether it’s a brunch hosted by Nate and Jules McKenna, or a fancy dinner party hosted by Luke and Natalie Williams, you won’t want to miss all we have in store for you! Each all-new story will feature shenanigans, laughter, love and lots of food. And let’s not forget cocktails! Kristen, along with USA Today Bestselling author Suzanne Johnson, have teamed up to bring you this cookbook, celebrating family, love, and absolutely delicious foods, perfect for any occasion. So sit back, or march straight into the kitchen, and get ready to indulge. We hope you’re hungry!”
- Moore Than A Feeling by Julie A Richman (Needing Moore Series) was just announced!! — “My name is Holly Moore. Perhaps you know me. I’m Schooner and CJ’s daughter and if you’ve been wondering what’s been going on in my life… well, I’ve got a story to tell you… Dumped. No, not only dumped. Blindsided and dumped. One day I thought that he was my forever, my soulmate, and the next day he tells me he’s still in love with his ex. Seriously? So, I’ve moved on. Or tried to move on. But that hasn’t worked out so well for me. You see, my next boyfriend had a history with my stepmother. (Seriously. You really can’t make this stuff up! My family is like a giant soap opera) and when my mother got involved, well, let’s just say things usually don’t turn out so well for anyone when my mother gets involved. So I’ve finally started to get my life back together, and now, the man who broke my heart is standing right there, front and center. He’s everywhere I turn, pushing me away, and still telling me he doesn’t want me. But every time he calls me angel or reaches out to touch my cheek, I know what he’s not admitting to himself – he still loves me. And I’m going to prove it to him.”
VERY RARE SALE: The Outpost by Devney Perry (Read my Review)
FIRST TIME EVER ON SALE — And OMG. OMG. OMG!! OH MY SWOOOOOOOON!!!!! Oh my freaking God this was seriously one of the BEST BOOKS OF 2017!!!!!! I had the BIGGEST SMILE and the HAPPIEST TEARS in my eyes when I finished reading it because that epilogue just MELTED MY HEART!!!!!! IT WAS AMAZING!!! Such a SWEET SLOW BURNING ROMANCE!!! If you love protective ALPHA heroes, strong fearless heroines, SEXY romance that’ll make your HEART RACE, and a suspenseful twist that’ll keep you glued to the page, YOU HAVE TO READ THIS!!!! Oh. My. God. I LOOOOVED IT and (in case you can’t tell, lol) I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!! Be sure to grab a copy while it’s on sale!!!
AND WAIT… THERE’S MORE!!! If you’ve read everything Devney Perry has available and you want more, then be sure to pre-order Tattered: Lark Cove by Devney Perry which is the first standalone in a brand new series of standalones that I am soooooo excited for and sounds AH-MA-ZING! I love EVERYTHING she writes! — “She’s given up hope of seeing him ever again. Until one day, years later, Logan Kendrick waltzes into her bar once more and turns the life she’s built upside down. This time around, she won’t make the same mistake. She’s going to fight to keep him in her life—not for herself. But for their daughter.” — Be sure to pre-order!
NEW RECOMMENDATION & REVIEW: Fighting for Everything by Laura Kaye (Read my Review)
WOOHOOO!! I just finished reading this beautiful, healing, INTENSE friends-to-lovers romance and totally loved it!!! I read it in one sitting and it was just one of those books that I didn’t want to put down. The hero was BROKEN, TORTURED and heroine was STRONG and had been his best friend since childhood. After returning home from duty, he felt like everything in his life was falling apart but she was determined to help him heal. This story was not only SWEET, but also HOT and SEXY!!! It was a well-rounded read and I’d definitely recommend it!!! Best of all, it JUST WENT LIVE so be sure to grab a copy!!!! — “Don’t you understand that you’re everything to me?” she asked… “No matter how fucked up you think you are, no matter what problems you’re facing, you’re already enough for me!”
This week is jam packed with AWESOME SOUNDING BOOKS!!! A few highlights include Rebel Heart by Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland (sexy forbidden summer romance, this is the conclusion to The Rush Duet so if you were waiting for both books to be out before you read them, you’re in luck!!), Fighting for Everything by Laura Kaye (friends-to-lovers romance with a Marine hero who returns home with secrets), Tethered Souls by Beth Flynn (spinoff of Nine Minutes, a daring edgy biker romance which I absolutely LOVED), Marek by Sawyer Bennett (a second chance romance with a hockey star who discovers he has a daughter he never knew about), Rogue Royalty by Meghan March (anti-heroes romance with a mysterious hero, this is conclusion to the Savage Trilogy so you can read all the books at once now), The Controversial Princess by Jodi Ellen Malpas (a princess refuses to marry for tradition, but falls in love with a famous actor), The Red Ledger by Meredith Wild (a deadly assassin falls for his target), Rough Edge by CD Reiss (edgy BDSM romance about a couple so in love, they’ll make the darkest of sacrifices to save each other) and many more listed below!!! Oh and a special mention goes out to Cocktales: The Cocky Collective by Penny Reid, Nana Malone, Dylan Allen, Jana Aston, Whitney Barbetti, Sawyer Bennett, K.F. Breene, Ruth Clampett, L.H. Cosway, Mariah Dietz, Amy Daws, BB Easton, Jaymin Eve, Emma Hart, Staci Hart , Jessica Hawkins, Julie Johnson , Karpov Kinrade, Adriana Locke, Lex Martin, Aly Martinez, Kayti McGee, Corinne Michaels, Liv Morris, Red Phoenix , Daisy Prescott, Jessica Prince, Meghan Quinn, CD Reiss, Julie A. Richman, Aleatha Romig, Kennedy Ryan, Kylie Scott , Sierra Simone, Tara Sivec, Kate Stewart, Leia Stone, Karla Sorensen, Rachel Van Dyken, and April White (a limited-release anthology of original, never before published material specifically written for this anthology, all net profit from this anthology are being donated to raise funds to fight against obstruction of creative expression). Scroll down to check out the full list of new releases!
RECENT RECOMMENDATION: Worth The Risk by K Bromberg (Read my Review)
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! OMG!!!! I read this AWESOME new book in one sitting and LOVE LOVE LOOOOVED it!!! It had ALL THE SWOON. ALL THE SEXY. ALL THE SWEETNESS!!!! And just the most amazingly heart-felt romance!!! It wasn’t really a “second chance” romance but it kinda felt like one and it had FEEEEEELS!!! The hero is a single dad and an real-life professional HERO with a little kid who will MELT YOUR HEART!!! It’s a bit of a second chance story… not specifically the romance, but the hero and heroine do share a history from their high school days, so they had a lot of things to unpack and explore between them. I absolutely adored this book and HIGHLY RECOMMEND it to anyone looking for a GORGEOUS NEW READ!!!! It can standalone and it’s LIVE so be sure to grab a copy!!!! 😀
WEEKLY NEW RELEASES RECAP
HOT NEW RELEASES (NOW LIVE):
- Rebel Heart by Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland (sexy forbidden summer romance, conclusion to The Rush Duet)
- Fighting for Everything by Laura Kaye (friends-to-lovers military romance, standalone in Warrior Fight Club)
- Tethered Souls by Beth Flynn (standalone spinoff of the Nine Minutes series)
- Marek by Sawyer Bennett (surprise baby/second chance romance, standalone in Carolina Cold Fury Hockey)
- Rogue Royalty by Meghan March (anti-heroes romance, conclusion to the Savage Trilogy)
- The Controversial Princess by Jodi Ellen Malpas (royals/Hollywood romance, The Smoke & Mirrors Duology)
- Rough Edge by CD Reiss (edgy BDSM romance in The Edge series)
- The Red Ledger by Meredith Wild (an assassin falls for his target, first in The Red Ledger series)
- Unlocking Lies by Kennedy Layne (romantic suspense, standalone in Keys to Love series)
- The Outsider: A Novel by Stephen King (suspense thriller mystery standalone)
- Innocent Target by Katie Reus (romantic suspense, standalone in Redemption Harbor series)
- Furyborn by Claire Legrand (fantasy, The Empirium Trilogy)
LATER WEEK RELEASES (PRE-ORDER NOW):
- Dirty Rich Cinderella Story by Lisa Renee Jones (sexy workplace romance, standalone in Dirty Rich series)
- Tell Me A Secret by Samantha Hayes (psychological thriller standalone)
- Cocktales: The Cocky Collective by Penny Reid, Nana Malone, Dylan Allen, Jana Aston, Whitney Barbetti, Sawyer Bennett, K.F. Breene, Ruth Clampett, L.H. Cosway, Mariah Dietz, Amy Daws, BB Easton, Jaymin Eve, Emma Hart, Staci Hart , Jessica Hawkins, Julie Johnson , Karpov Kinrade, Adriana Locke, Lex Martin, Aly Martinez, Kayti McGee, Corinne Michaels, Liv Morris, Red Phoenix , Daisy Prescott, Jessica Prince, Meghan Quinn, CD Reiss, Julie A. Richman, Aleatha Romig, Kennedy Ryan, Kylie Scott , Sierra Simone, Tara Sivec, Kate Stewart, Leia Stone, Karla Sorensen, Rachel Van Dyken, and April White (a limited-release anthology (available *only* from May 26 – August 26, 2018) of original, never before published material, some of which is raw and unedited. Each story was specifically written for this anthology. The goal of the Cocktales Anthology is to raise funds to fight against obstruction of creative expression.)
DETAILED LIST: NEW RELEASES
Rebel Heart by Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland — New Release!!
Series finale: “How to screw up a great summer in the Hamptons:
Sleep with your boss. Check.
Blow all your money on a rental you can’t afford. Check.
How to walk away from a man you fall in love with at the end of a summer:
…I’ll let you know when I figure it out.“
Fighting for Everything by Laura Kaye — New Release!!
Can standalone: Home from the Marines, Noah has a secret he doesn’t want his oldest friend, Kristina, to know. It kills him to push her away, especially when he’s noticing just how sexy and confident she’s become in his absence. But, angry and full of fight, he’s not the same man anymore either. Which is why Warrior Fight Club sounds so good.
Kristina loves teaching, but she wants more out of life. She wants Noah—the boy she’s crushed on and waited for. Except he is all man now—in ways both oh so good and troubling, too. Still, she wants who he’s become—every war-hardened inch. And when they finally stop fighting their attraction, it’s everything she never dared hope for.
But he is secretly spiraling, and when he lashes out, it threatens what they have found. The brotherhood of the fight club helps him confront his demons, but only he can convince the woman he loves that he’s finally ready to fight for everything.”
Tethered Souls by Beth Flynn — New Release!!
Can standalone: “My family has secrets. I’m always the good girl, doing what’s necessary to keep my loved ones safe. I’ve kept the darkest secrets from everyone I know… I haven’t seen my closest childhood friend, Christian Bear, since I was a teenager—he hasn’t changed a bit. He’s still temperamental and plays by his own rules with the law following two steps behind him.
Christian remembers me. But he doesn’t know the first thing about me anymore. I should’ve shared my feelings with him the day before I moved away with my family, promising him I’d stay in touch. It broke my heart when he didn’t keep his end of the bargain. As a consequence, we haven’t spoken in years. Even though Christian and I have always had undeniable chemistry, I won’t let him shatter my heart a second time.
Christian has shown up in my life again with secrets of his own, and demanding answers. That doesn’t mean I’m willing to give them. He’ll know my secrets when I’m ready.
Our secrets, the risks we’re taking, and the danger he imposes make it impossible to know what our future holds.
Either our tethered souls will bind back together, or our secrets will separate us forever.”
Marek by Sawyer Bennett — New Release!!
Can standalone: “He’s used to delivering blows, not receiving them. But when he gets tipped off by an anonymous email about his ex-girlfriend, the news leaves him ice cold—and it’s not because she’s getting married to a total jerk. It’s the fact that he has a three-year-old daughter he never knew about.
Now he’s going back home, not to play knight in shining armor but to make damn sure that no man takes what’s his. For the first time, there might be something more important than hockey…”
Rogue Royalty by Meghan March — New Release!!
Series finale: “Unthinkable. Unbelievable. Inconceivable. I don’t recognize what my life has become. I can’t tell where the lies end and the truth begins anymore.
He came into my world and urged me out of my safe little corner. All my dreams are coming true except the one thing I want most—my own happy ending.
But I’ll fight for it.
The Controversial Princess by Jodi Ellen Malpas — New Release!!
“Princess Adeline refuses to bow to the royal expectations her title carries [and] she will never surrender to the King’s demand to marry a man she does not love…
That is until she meets Josh Jameson. Drawn in by his confidence, she is soon captivated by the scandalously sexy American actor. His ability to penetrate her defences overwhelms her – his touch is pure fire, and his allure overpowering. Nothing has ever made her feel so alive in a world where she’s otherwise slowly drowning. However, while he may be Hollywood royalty, he’s not actual royalty, and she knows the King and his advisors will do everything in their power to keep them apart. But Josh Jameson becomes the princess’s ultimate vice. And although she bows to no one, she bows to him.”
The Red Ledger by Meredith Wild — New Release!!
“The series follows Tristan Red, an assassin robbed of his memory after a military mission gone wrong. Not much gets his adrenaline going, but when his latest mark, Isabel Foster, she says his name seconds before he’s ready to pull the trigger, he’s gripped by a desire to know more.
She knows him, which means she knows things about his past that have been beyond reach for as long as he can remember.”
The Outsider by Stephen King — New Release!!
Standalone: “An unspeakable crime. A confounding investigation. At a time when the King brand has never been stronger, he has delivered one of his most unsettling and compulsively readable stories.
An eleven-year-old boy’s violated corpse is found in a town park. Eyewitnesses and fingerprints point unmistakably to one of Flint City’s most popular citizens. He is Terry Maitland, Little League coach, English teacher, husband, and father of two girls. Detective Ralph Anderson, whose son Maitland once coached, orders a quick and very public arrest. Maitland has an alibi, but Anderson and the district attorney soon add DNA evidence to go with the fingerprints and witnesses. Their case seems ironclad.
As the investigation expands and horrifying answers begin to emerge, King’s propulsive story kicks into high gear, generating strong tension and almost unbearable suspense. Terry Maitland seems like a nice guy, but is he wearing another face? When the answer comes, it will shock you as only Stephen King can.”
Innocent Target by Katie Reus — New Release!!
Can standalone: He wasn’t supposed to fall for her…
She was a target. A contract that came across his desk by mistake. Axel was simply going to warn her that she was in danger and get out. Then he got a taste of her and fell hard. But they’re from two different worlds. Not only is she innocent, she’s out of his league. He should keep his distance, but he can’t. Not when someone wants her dead. Now he’s driven to protect her, to keep her safe.
Dirty Rich Cinderella Story by Lisa Renee Jones — New Release!!
Can standalone: With only nine months left at Stanford, and despite being top of her law school class, Lori Havens takes leave to care for her sick mother. That means she juggles three jobs, the best of which is researcher for novelist, and syndicated columnist of “Cat Does Crime,” Cat Summer.
One evening after finishing up her work at Cat’s apartment building, Lori has an encounter with a sexy stranger, and does something out of character. She goes home with him. The night is perfect, he’s perfect, wealthy, powerful and from out of town. Morning comes, and despite their connection, Lori leaves before he finds out she’s far from the equal he believes her to be. She’s not a charity case and she’s not after his money. She will make her own. In other words, she leaves before her prince charming finds out she’s no princess.
Flash forward a few months, Lori’s mother is healing, and Cat’s husband, Reese, has merged his firm with another and Lori lands an internship there, with school credit and scholarship money.. Everything is falling into place. That is until fate reveals a wicked twist of events and Lori walks into a conference room to find her new boss, Cole Brooks, one of the partners, is her one-night prince charming. One sizzling shared look across a boardroom, and it’s clear: this man is not done with her. It’s not long before Lori is informed that she’ll be working high profile cases with her one night prince charming which will require long nights and travel, starting immediately.
Cocktales by Penny Reid, Nana Malone, Dylan Allen, Jana Aston, Whitney Barbetti, Sawyer Bennett, K.F. Breene, Ruth Clampett, L.H. Cosway, Mariah Dietz, Amy Daws, BB Easton, Jaymin Eve, Emma Hart, Staci Hart , Jessica Hawkins, Julie Johnson , Karpov Kinrade, Adriana Locke, Lex Martin, Aly Martinez, Kayti McGee, Corinne Michaels, Liv Morris, Red Phoenix , Daisy Prescott, Jessica Prince, Meghan Quinn, CD Reiss, Julie A. Richman, Aleatha Romig, Kennedy Ryan, Kylie Scott , Sierra Simone, Tara Sivec, Kate Stewart, Leia Stone, Karla Sorensen, Rachel Van Dyken, and April White — New Release!!
‘Cocktales’ is a limited-release anthology (available *only* from May 26 – August 26, 2018) of original, never before published material, some of which is raw and unedited. Each story was specifically written for this anthology.
The goal of the Cocktales Anthology is to raise funds to fight against obstruction of creative expression. Specifically, what we believe are obstruction attempts through the trademarking of common (single) words for titicular use in books / or as a book series (eBooks, print, and audio).
*ALL* net profits will be donated to:
1) Authors already impacted by creative-obstruction (10%), and
2) Romance Writers of America (RWA) (90%) as a general donation intended for their Advocacy Fund.